Make your speakers sing again - and look good doing it.
Don't judge it for its small size, the SA1 is made from super powerful hybrid-digital amps packing 40 ridiculously effective watts in each channel. Translated from Hi-Fi jibberish to human, that just means this amp is ready for most speakers you could think of pairing it with. Our own passive ALTO-series speakers would be a great choice, but your flee market finds will do just as well.
The Right Connections
Do you know Bluetooth? Then you know how to use SA1. Just pair your phone, your tablet, or any other device, and you’re good to go. There’s also inputs for your record player, your TV, or whatever you want to connect. If you decide to plug in your Sony or Samsung TV (and you should), the volume can be controlled with your standard IR-remote. You’ve also got a pre-out port in case you want to use SA1 as a fully digital pre-amp. That one is for the enthusiasts. Us simple mortals can also use it to add a subwoofer.
A Non-scary Amp
Let’s be real for a second here. Amps can be quite daunting. Most often they’re huge metal boxes with some confusing text interface that’s impossible to decipher. Turn ‘em around and you stare into a thousand ports with each their own weird abbreviation slapped on top. SA1 is different. SA1 understands. This small box packs only the stuff you need, nothing more. Connect your speakers, power it on, pair with Bluetooth, and you’re good to go.
The Perfect Vinyl Companion
Alongside its modern connections with Bluetooth and digital inputs, the SA1 packs a high quality phono input for that true retro sound. We've put a lot of love and care into this to ensure perfect reproduction from your favorite LP's.
Plug in your own turntable, or perhaps consider one of the beautiful record players we make. The TT is a great starter and a good-looker, and if you desire, consider the TT-2 for even higher performance. Either way, you are in for an amazing experience.
Unfortunately, the sound of Argon Audio is the one thing you’ll never experience on this website. That’s why we do our money-back-guarantee; if you don’t like it, you don’t have to buy it. But we bet you will. Read more.
Only one choice here:
- Inputs: 2 x optical digital, L/R analogue stereo input (RCA), turntable input (MM), Bluetooth (aptX HD)
- Pre-out for subwoofer or external amplification
- Size: 22.0 x 6.3 x 25.2 cm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 2.2 kg
- What's in the box: remote control, power cable, quick start guide
- Nerdy stuff:
- Output power: 2 x 40 watts in 4/8 ohms (20-20,000Hz, THD 0.03%)
- Dynamic power (IHF) in 8 ohms: 50 watts
- Dynamic power (IHF) in 4 ohms: 100 watts
- Frequency range: 3-60,000 Hz
- THD (20-20,000 Hz): <0.03%
- 32-bit ESS Sabre DAC in fully balanced mode
- Fully balanced signal path from DAC to speaker terminals
- Separate power supplies for analogue and digital circuits (6 in total)
- Supports up to 24-bit/192kHz via optical inputs
- Auto on/off on all inputs except phono
- 5V USB power output (use it for Chromecast Audio for example)
- Gold-plated terminals
- Electronically protected against overload and short circuits
- Power consumption in standby: <0.5 watts